Laptop and scanner Check-out Guidelines
Who can checkout laptops?
Current Notre Dame students can check out laptops from the Hesburgh Library Circulation Service desk (map). Each laptop is wireless enabled for networking and has access to campus resources like printing, Webfile, and a full complement of productivity software.
Who can checkout a scanner?
Current Notre Dame students can check out a scanner from the Hesburgh Library Circulation Service desk (map).
How to check out a laptop or scanner.
Present a current Notre Dame, St. Mary’s, Holy Cross, or Bethel College (Mishawaka, IN) ID, at the service desk.
Availability, Fines & Liability
- Laptops and scanners are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Only one laptop and scanner may be checked out per patron
- The loan period is two (2) hours
- Laptops and scanners may not be renewed
- All laptops must be returned thirty (30) minutes before the service desk closes (hours)
- Overdue fines are $5.00 per hour with a maximum of $25.00 per day
- Borrowers are responsible for hardware and software damage (library staff inspect equipment when they are returned)
- Replacement costs include accrued overdue fines
- Never leave equipment unattended
- Laptops and scanners may not leave Library
- Report hardware and software problems immediately
- When logging on, be sure to choose ADND
- Save your work to your Webfile space. Any work saved on the laptop will be lost
- Hesburgh laptop print jobs are sent to the 1st Floor Computing Center in the Reference Area of Hesburgh Library
- If you encounter any problems, consult the OIT help desk staff stationed at the Reference Desk
If you have questions about computer checkout policies, contact the Circulation desk at 574-631-6318.